Disaster Mobility Program
Nearly one million cars were lost in Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey destroyed more vehicles than any prior storm in United States history—by many counts up to one million cars were flooded. In response On the Road Lending started a new Disaster Mobility Program to get displaced workers into vehicles quickly and for the long-term to help people avoid job loss. We are saving families money by sourcing reduced-cost vehicles through our dealer network and trucking those cars to Houston.
The initiative’s unique characteristics that distinguish it from our other programs include:
- Deferral of programmatic requirements until clients’ lives are more stable
- Provision for accelerated underwriting and loan approval
- Financial assistance to reduce the cost of a car/loan
We are also providing support services to these families, including:
- Collaboration with insurance companies to assist with timely settlement
- Financial coaching and support throughout the 5-year loan period
- Guidance through the programmatic requirements when lives stabilize
We are working through partner agencies, including United Way of Greater Houston’s THRIVE Partnership, to share case management and coordinate connecting client families with comprehensive services.